Friday 16 April 2010

It is true that you don't know what you have got until you have lost it and, on the 1st May 1994, the World lost its hero. I was only coming to grips with the enormity of the phenomenon that was Senna when he died and ever since his death, every time his name is mentioned or I remember his face, I just go numb and a sadness fills me, like a shadow of darkness creeping across my soul.
He captivated our sense of adventure and passion and romance in the sport of Formula One and did so whilst effortlessly leaving rivals in his wake. His pole position record, especially in his early F1 years leaves me in no doubt that he was the fastest ever, and essentially that is what all racing drivers yearn to be.
All F1 drivers are great drivers in their own way, some a little more than others but Senna was not of their mould. He was something far more nearer perfection.
And all this whilst being a humble, kind and generous man. All that I know is that God must have thought him too good to be a mere mortal and took him away.
'Blurring green, blue and yellow, never turned at Tamburello,
Formula One's saddest ever day, saw The Greatest Ever taken away'
AYRTON SENNA da SILVA

THE FASTEST EVER

Paul (a fan)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog